Am I the only one who cares? I realize this is very possible, but being this is my blog I can write about whatever the hell I want! Ha! Anyways let’s get down to the task at hand, shall we? I’m just going to steal this from People! Here we go!
• American soccer star Hope Solo will attempt to fill the dancing shoes of season 12 finalist Kirstie Alley alongside Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who hoped to dance with the goalie.
• The show’s first transgender contestant, Chaz Bono, will dance with Lacey Schwimmer.
• Soap star and Iraqi war veteran J.R. Martinez has been paired with seasoned Dancing vet Karina Smirnoff.
• HLN’s Nancy Grace will face the judges with Irish dance pro Tristan MacManus.
• Reality star Rob Kardashian has the honor of performing with two-time Dancing champion Cheryl Burke.
• Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest, who is dancing for his cancer-survivor daughter, has Peta Murgatroyd as his partner.
• “Terrified” actress Ricki Lake will hold hands with returning pro Derek Hough, who last danced away with a mirror-ball trophy with season 11 winner Jennifer Grey. • George Clooney‘s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis will perform with Maksim’s brother Val Chmerkovskiy.
• Style star Carson Kressley will dazzle on the dance floor with pro Anna Trebunskaya.
• Musician Chynna Phillips will have Kate Gosselin‘s former partner Tony Dovolani by her side.
• Actor David Arquette will be in good hands: his partner is reigning champ Kym Johnson, who took the mirror-ball trophy with Hines Ward in May.
• And reality star Kristin Cavallari and two-time champ Mark Ballas will hit the ballroom together when the show returns Sept. 19 on ABC.
What do you think of that? I don’t really know of any immediate front runners, in the past there seems to have been at least one cast member with a bit of dance in their past, but I don’t think that is the case this season, which levels the playing field. I am already rooting for Carson Kressley because I will forever and always love ‘Queer Eye for the Straight Guy’. That was like, our family’s show. We all watched it. Even my Dad and that is saying something. Also am rooting for Chaz Bono because I’m psyched they put a transgendered person on there. And David Arquette because he is nuts, so I want him to stay on as long as possible. And of COURSE Ricki Lake. Because she is Tracy Turnblad forever.